With numerous new real estate franchise models entering the Australian market over the past few years, including non-traditional hybrid models, we thought it was time to take a closer look at what’s on offer.
We conducted a survey to collect the opinions of clients from a cross section of franchise and marketing groups. The objective was to gauge how prospective franchisees and existing franchisees view their group, and to find out what they expect of their franchisor.
Respondents told us they what they’re looking for, above all else, is a genuine, overarching and compelling franchise offer, including innovative systems and assistance in developing their business.
Other key findings included:
- A genuine appreciation for the right culture being filtered throughout the brand by the franchisor.
- Big is not always best.
- Franchisees are drawn to attraction-based brands.
- There is strong appreciation for aspirational brands.
- Franchise offerings that are flexible and non-traditionally structured have higher appeal than some traditional franchise models.
- Most in demand are franchisors that stay ahead of the pack when it comes to branding, marketing and systems, and who quickly move with the times.
- Franchise owners don’t wish to be treated as “dots on a map”.
It’s often said that consumers march with their feet and real estate franchising is no different.
We would expect some franchise and marketing groups to have a lot of foot traffic in the right direction, while others may simply hear the sounds of scampering feet running for the door.